back to article Experimental sci-fi novel Elysium is ALMOST irritating ...

Elysium is one of those slightly bewildering experimental-style books that manages to stay just this side of irritating, no mean feat when your story is a technological sci-fi tale of two characters that change gender and relationship every few pages. Adrian/Adrianne moves back and forth in time, from recognisable periods in …

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Pint

Blood Music reloaded?

Hmm .... BRINGING CHALLENGING FEMINIST SCIENCE FICTION TO THE DEMANDING READER? Oh, okay then.

But can I read this in the pub while everyone around me is going through the societally-demanded motions of ethanol-fuelled silliness required for the post-black-friday days?

2. Peter2 Silver badge

If your going to do reviews/publicity for books, how about supporting good ones like this:-

http://www.amazon.com/Contractor-Contractors-Book-Andrew-Ball-ebook/dp/B00MQED6EA/

3. Sampler

Sounds like..

Cloud Atlas - though I only ever saw the film (it was enough to put me off reading the book), I hope this one is more interesting

4. Roadcrew
    Thumb Up

Sounds intriguing....

....think I might give that a try.

Review was tantalising enough to get the curiosity going!

The devil is (as ever) in the detail, of course. Hope it lives up to expectation.

5. Sierpinski

An experiment where someone did the same thing Piers Anthony did in his Apprentice Adept series back in the 1980s? Is the experiment to find out if anyone noticed?

6. Benjol

"Off to be the wizard" was a fun read...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon