back to article Scalability, reliability and availability: Three things the AWS Summit for EMEA struggled to get right

Amazon Web Services' EMEA shindig is under way and, in a masterstroke of irony, viewers found the initial experience a little wobbly. Having sat through a keynote by AWS CTO Werner Vogels, who praised the wonder of his employer's cloud, attendees were about to get stuck into today's sessions. Some, however, encountered a …

1. iron Silver badge
    FAIL

Dear Ben Chodor... bullshit.

I was unable to watch the keynote, could not get the Breakout Sessions index page to show up for the entire "conference" but did figure out how to join the sessions I wanted without it. Mostly. All those sessions had at least one pause of over 60 seconds leading to me refreshing the page. At the end of the conference I tried to watch a session from another track, the button said "Watch On Demand" but I was then told to wait 30 minutes?!? At that point I gave up and went back to work.

Compared to the performance of MS Build a few weeks ago you failed. You failed bad.

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Trollface

Don't sweat it, Bezos

After all, you have the comfort of remembering that we saw Bill Gates himself presenting Windows 98 to the world and got a magnificent BSOD right at the start.

1. W.S.Gosset

Re: Don't sweat it, Bezos

And Tesla's unbreakable window breaking.

And Jobs's Instant-Wake-From-Sleep freezing.

And...

3. Chris G

Hamster Jam

Rather than relying on hamsters that get tired, fall over and jam things up, might I suggest upscaling to larger wheels and using politicians with hats that dangle brown envelopes in front of them?

I think they would supply a surprising amount of energy as well as being a renewable resource, let's face face it, as soon as one drops out they are always replaced by another as nature abhors a vacuum.

AWS; All Wheels Silent?

4. Sirius Lee

The other perspective

Worked for me from 9am (BST) until 2pm. Watched all the sessions I wanted. The only frustration was that the first presenter ran significantly over and into the next session.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like