Reply to post: Re: Dumfuks

Brexit trade deal advises governments to use Netscape Communicator and SHA-1. Why? It's all in the DNA

codejunky Silver badge

Re: Dumfuks

@Big_Boomer

"I've never understood why anyone would care whether an EU dumfuk committee or a UK dumfuk committee makes any particular decision. Surely we should be getting rid of the dumfuks"

That is the problem. EU gov or UK gov, it is still gov and they will still be behind the curve because its impossible for them to have enough information to know what is going on or keep up to date. The further away from the activity they are the less they can know about it.

"they are going to see lower wages, longer hours, higher prices, and MORE bureaucracy"

Why? It could happen of course but it could go the other way. For one some prices are expected to fall since leaving the protectionist block means we dont need to carry over their protectionist tariffs and non-tariff restrictions. With one government we could easily have less bureaucracy than having the two. Why we would have longer hours passes by me but also why we would have lower wages? Also if wages were to fall but prices too and our living standards didnt fall would that be a problem for you?

"Once those start to bite they will soon start screaming"

I doubt it. The EU got away with a lot before the screaming to leave really kicked off.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon