Reply to post: AT&T not immune to this either....

Pure frustration: What happens when someone uses your email address to sign up for PayPal, car hire, doctors, security systems and more

Just Another SteveO

AT&T not immune to this either....

I have been receiving everything from ‘Welcome to AT&T - want to know how to use your phone?’ To monthly bills for years for the same account. AT&T refuse to accept that I’m not a customer despite living in the UK and keep routing me onto their ‘login here to talk to us’ system or call this number from your AT&T phone which clearly I can’t as I’m not and never have been a customer (who the hell would be?). And it’s not just bills, I get non-return messages saying ‘They are here for me during this difficult time etc. Via Twitter they insist it’s spam although every single link resolves back to AT&T so that’s particularly interesting spam to an email address only shared with friends.

It’s a small thing - I can delete it every month but it’s just so bloody annoying that some clown has used the wrong email address (in the Georgia Mall I believe) and I’m stuck seeing his $140 bills each month.

Edit: I don’t use GMail

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon