Reply to post: Re: Hmmm

'What's the point of me being in my office, just because they want to see me in the office?'

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Hmmm

Worse still if your employer actively sought them out and embraced it, and on their own initiative took further steps to actively prevent the non-Windows users from doing anything.

Who cares if the company product was developed (or even based) on Linux -- the important thing is the Corporate IT Microsoft monoculture demands were satisfied.

I made a sort of peace with using Outlook (the o365 web interface version) and didn't suffer too much of an email productivity hit. But teams and sharepoint and onedrive and onenote etc. (probably getting some of those wrong) were a twisty maze to me.

I had the worst time trying to organize and find anything on my corporate Windows desktop. The Windows users around me would try to help, but when they'd show me their desktop it was usually piles of folder icons and "shortcuts" scattered around a cluttered desktop, enormous bookmark lists of links, such that they couldn't really find (navigate to) anything either -- they had to use some Windows desktop search to find anything, with varying results.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon