Reply to post: Re: VISA will be just the first

Amazon tells folks it will stop accepting UK Visa credit cards via weird empty email

ibmalone

Re: VISA will be just the first

Caveat: they avoid tax in every way possible and are terrible towards their employees.

However, as a customer I've found Amazon reasonably easy to deal with on the three times I've had to return items (out of quite a lot over the years):

1. Monitor with some dead pixels. Returned and replaced quickly and without question.

2. Joystick that developed a fault within manufacturer warrant period, quite a long time after purchase. Finding out exactly how to report this was tricky, but when I did also honoured with no quibbles.

3. PCIe wifi card, one of the few electronic items I've bought from the more idiosyncratic end of amazon marketplace, as the brand versions are crazily expensive (how difficult can an Intel wireless chip be?). Was priced about what you'd think it should be (i.e. not super-cheap), but when it arrived had a 'voucher' promising 50% refund in exchange for a 5 star review, which tells you everything you need to know about it. Also taken back without issues. (One complaint here, that brand is still all over amazon for wifi products, I did report why it was being returned. Marketplace is very much the wild west, though I've also recently got a decent active PS/2->USB adapter from it.)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon