Reply to post: Re: But...

Don't forget to brush your teeth, WFH staff told as Dropbox drops the office, declares itself 'virtual first'

Loyal Commenter Silver badge

Re: But...

For me, TPTB have decreed that we should have a daily "check-in" 15-minute call with our colleagues (with obligatory video on of course). That's 15 minutes more than I'd typically choose to spend talking to most of them, and I'm convinced that this is nothing to do with our welfare, but more to do with the need for certain managers to feel like their job is relevant. That, and forcing you to get dressed every day.

Whilst I can see how some people may need the human contact this brings, we're a team of software developers. There's a certain personality type amongst devs, and it's typically not socially outgoing. Don't get me wrong - I'm not an antisocial person, it's just I can function perfectly well without making mindless small-talk with people I'm forced into a work-space with, and a daily "check-in" is a 15 minute interruption to your flow when you're trying to devise the best way to solve a programming problem.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon