Reply to post: Re: Where did it all go wrong?

From WordPad to WordAds: Microsoft caught sneaking nagging Office promos into venerable text editor beta

Snake Silver badge

Re: Where did it all go wrong?

"It all went wrong the day MS stopped having 'Making a [decent] operating system (and other bits of software)' as its priority, and changed its priority to 'Making lots of money for its shareholders'. The moment that flip occurs in any business is the moment what they 'do' simply becomes the means to a mercenary end."

That flip happened decades ago across thousands of corporations, thanks to the "neo liberal" economic agenda pushed upon us...by the very forces who make out best by the flip.

The corporatists and bankers have forwarded a belief that helps them rather specifically, but it's the public's fault (and I'll be flatly honest in my opinion here, regardless of flames) for both blindly accepting it AND to continuously re-vote for it every time the question comes back up. And the people continue to do this in hopes that, one day, this "prosperity" will come their way regardless, no ignoring, of the fact that they've waited 30+ years for that promise, that has yet / never come true.

World burning? As you keep voting for "climate change is a myth!" candidates and "Tax cuts will spur the economy!" promises?

I've lost my ability to sympathize (that's not directed to the poster, sorry, just to the public at large).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon