Reply to post: I Love the way everyone misses the elephant in the room

Electric cars can't cut UK carbon emissions while only the wealthy can afford to own one

Cynicalmark
Devil

I Love the way everyone misses the elephant in the room

We all would love to have green vehicles and wonderfully green batteries charged by renewable resources, but why do the world leaders place the onus on us the end user by badgering us to go green?

They line their pockets on carbon credit trades between countries and mega corporations rather than making the dirty industries clean up their act. No doubt someone will come to the aid of these angelic filth mongers rather than admitting that carbon trade and credit transfers are wrong. Offsetting something that can be resolved is criminal.

Why should we tolerate the distinct lack of action and arrogance of big players who continue to use and abuse the environment for profit.

Last I looked an exec of a large German car group said electric cars were a waste of time and nothing wrong with what we have now. Fgs with aholes like that in charge and pathetic greenies doing nothing more than hitting them with a hard leaflet campaign followed by a small protest of tree huggers is it any wonder we are doomed.

It is up to consumers to not buy the crap that doesn’t work to help our planet now - we tried it all so yeah I agree to the message but not the meaning - go green in product choices not in personal energy usage - hence the need to stop hiding how green or ungreen something is. Have a larger scale such as an a-z listing of total greenness. Lets have each producer from all in the manufacturing chain to tot up the figures to make a final score......clearly marked we would see how dirty an electric vehicle really is.

I know it’s a rambling old fart thing but spleen vented grrrrrrr

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon