Reply to post: Re: Why the Assange hate on El Reg?

Julian Assange says Cambridge Analytica asked WikiLeaks for something

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Why the Assange hate on El Reg?

Why the Assange hate on El Reg?

Because Assange defines what Wikileaks does, how it acts and what (absence of) ethics it applies to what it does.

Thus, a concept that may have had some merit even though it was only ever invented to legitimise Assange's hacking activities by means of an apparent gloss of public service was subverted by bias, dodgy dealings, a need for publicity that goes well beyond desperate and an attitude to personal relations that appears to be shared between its glorious leader and the orange blob in the White House.

The difference is that the orange one is a sexual predator roaming between places he mostly owns but for which he still docks the tax payer, whereas the other one is a sexual predator that is hiding in an embassy by abusing the asylum system, waiting for time limits on his activities to expire so he can claim there was nothing to it, he just hid there because everyone was so unfair to him.

The short version is that the Assange hate is well deserved. We spend our lives listening to BS and delivering regardless, so let's just say that we recognise it when we hear it. Logic is a very useful tool.

I think that about covers it, I'm sure others will add what I missed.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon