Reply to post: I tried it yesterday

Windows Fall Creators Update is here: What do you want first – bad news or good news?

Anonymous Coward
Happy

I tried it yesterday

I tried Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (x64/Pro/EN-GB version) and realized even more built in services no longer allow even an Admin to adjust them, making the log files near impossible to all delete. Then I looked at all the new "apps" I'm not likely to ever use. For some reason, all this lead me to feel a bit down. I did notice Edge has improved a lot - it really has - and at least I felt a little bit better over that - they've arranged things better and fixed the annoyances.

Then I wiped the drive and put back on an iteration of the Windows 10 family that does allow me to control what goes on. Now I feel much better.

Conclusion: Edge is really better, but Microsoft is still playing mind and control games with Windows 10 Home/Pro FCU. These games can be mitigated somewhat if you have the time and wherewithal .. but if you can instead obtain Education, Enterprise or Server 2016 (use as a workstation) you will be much happier with the Windows 10 family of operations systems.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon