Reply to post: Re: Microsoft will be paying vendors to deploy their malware os Windows 10....

Lenovo denies claims it plotted with Microsoft to block Linux installs

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Microsoft will be paying vendors to deploy their malware os Windows 10....

want to or have to ?

Actually, in my experience, want to. I distributed a lot of old pc's to users with a default mint install. 20% came back, asking for Windows. The reasons were mostly because they could not get web applications running. Such as : tv streaming, banking sites, government sites.

Mind you : I'm pretty sure I could have had all of these working in little time. But for the average Joe this is pretty much rocket science. A similar case : my wife needed to do some things on <random government site>, and that required authentication via an e-id. She wanted to use the living room pc, a fully up to date iMac. Old, but capable of running El Capitan smoothly. Didn't work. She managed to get the card reader working, and could read out the certificates (she does make me proud). I checked, and had to install random plugins for any browser that is not IE.

Rereading my post, and getting back to the point : they want to because they have to, but the "have to" is still too often due to crappy web applications. Which is probably fine... for Microsoft.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon