Reply to post: Re: Love the picture on the first page

It's War: Internet of things firms butt heads over talking-fridge tech standards

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Love the picture on the first page

@Justthefacts

"More on the washing machine: hands up who knows what all the settings do? Really, all of them?"

Yes. Lets see Duvet for Duvets, Baby, for nappies etc, Whites for whites, economy for economy, quick wash for quick wash. Oh and the £20 added for the repair man, will just be replaced by the £20 added for all the tech required. Oh and how about the millions of people that won't hook it up, will that suddenly go away? Or do you propose it is mandatory?

"Freezer: when the power goes off, it has an alarm. When I'm in the kitchen some hours later, I'll know that £100 of food went to waste."

If your food defrosts in a few hours in a freezer, you need a better freezer, ffs 24 hours and it should still be pretty good.! Oh and all the flashing lights on the digital clock should tell you about the power outage. And when it alerts you of a power outage (by bluetooth??????? how long a range does that have!) when you are 50 miles away, what are you going to do, race back home and put it errrrrrrrr.

Seriously, we have survived for millennia without it, I doubt we will al suddenly drop dead if we don't get it now. It's just a fad

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon