back to article Friends Reunited reunited with ITV?

The Office of Fair Trading has sent the proposed takeover of Friends Reunited by DC Thomson to the Competition Commission. Dennis the Menace's publisher was to pay £25m for the websites. But it is not Friends Reunited's tiny slice of the social networking pie that worries regulators. As part of the deal, DC Thomson subsidiary …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Rob Beard
    FAIL

Meh

The thing that annoyed me about Friends Reunited is the fact that when it started it was a pay only site. There was limited options to pay (IIRC it was credit card only online, or you could send a cheque).

By the time they made it free I'd lost interest (as so did a lot of people I wanted to contact). I'd say I've made contact with more of my old school friends on Facebook or just bumping into them in town than what I have done on Friends Reunited.

Rob

2. bertie bassett

FFS OFT - Get a LIFE !

Woohoo OFT worries about competition in the online geneaology marketplace. Based on a random strawpoll of my bookface buddies (c.200) not one of them have ever used any of those sites.

Surely they should be worrying about important competition issues like the tescopolisation of the hight street, broadcast media and other such issues that affect us all in our daily life.

This topic is closed for new posts.