Value for money?
I have never understood the point of paying for support, as it rarely provides any benefits. Even if you find a bug, you are effectively testing the product for free and then having to pay for them to fix their own mistake. If support was a financial product - most companies would have been done for misselling and we would be able to apply for a refund.
The following are typical responses I have received over the years
- That is fixed in the latest version - please upgrade.
- Please review this fix from the following (random) article as it (vaguely) related
- That's not a bug but the way we designed the product to work.
- Sorry, we can't replicate the problem.
- That feature is on the road map, but we have no timelines when it will be available.
- We are still working on the issue - we will update you are some point in the future.
- You need to disable all your security controls and configurations before we will look at the issue.
- Please follow this 50 step process for collecting data and evidence before we can look at the issue
- Please can you generate all the log files again, as the files did not contain the information we need
- We closed the ticket because you did not respond (within 5 minutes) to our last response.
I could go on forever