* Posts by Michael Habel

2500 posts • joined 21 Aug 2007

It's now safe to turn off your computer shop: Microsoft to shutter its bricks-and-mortar retail locations worldwide

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Isn't it obvious......

I don't know about the XBone® but, I quite enjoyed the Dreamcast 2 (a.k.a. XBOX), and would have enjoyed my X360 more, had it not died pre-maturely with RRoD. Before I had switched over to S0NY. Humm speaking of which. With all the recent debates over the content of the Last of Us 2, and a far more suppior game like the Senran Kagura series. I may have to do the unthinkable and, jump ship back to Nint -- did't, but now they NintenDO!

And, suddenly I get why everyone wants the Switch.

Brit police's use of facial-recognition tech is lawful, no need to question us, cops' lawyer tells Court of Appeal

Michael Habel Silver badge
Trollface

Re: UK police use of facial-recognition tech is lawful, no need to question us

But, you seem so happy or, is that a Mobe in your pocket, with location tracking turned on?

An unfortunate bit of product placement for Microsoft as Liverpool celebrates winning some silverware

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Clarification

I thought it was English (UK)

As opposed tp

English (US)

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Clarification

Arguably, one could say exclusively shopping at Asda would mean you should therefore see their success as yours, but that sounds silly.

Yes but, that is because we don't have Supermarktes dabbling in weekly death matches. Though if we did... But, I'm sure this could be more logicaly concluded as a person who owns a lage share of Fruit Stock. Who slams the plebian based Materrace for using an innfirior product than what the Fruit Factory released last week.

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Clarification

Well They wouldn't have much of a carrere playing stupid backyard games. if it wasnt for the "Roayl WE" who go out, and buy the Season Tickets, Other Merch, and the BSkyB Licence to make sure that even the lamest person in the squad can have his very own Porsch-mobile. So yes I think very much bloody do have a right to claim some right to any win.

Apple gives Boot Camp the boot, banishes native Windows support from Arm-compatible Macs

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: So basically

That sounds about right...

Apple to keep Intel at Arm's length: macOS shifts from x86 to homegrown common CPU arch, will run iOS apps

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Compatibility is gonna be a problem.

Say that as much as you like. But, at least you are going into it with the foreknowledge that a) Its a new platform, and b) That yourgoing to need new software. Kinda beats the notion of releasing RT, and insisting it Windows, when you quiclky discover only after the fact the retched thing, can't even run Photoshop. Or, a ribbon-less version of Office.

Michael Habel Silver badge
Facepalm

Re: more Apple marketing

No I susspect the End-lUser to only care about, why their copy of Adbobe CS is thowing hissy fits when it installed just fine on last years (Intel Mac), just fine. IIRC, wasn't this the reason why Windows RT (Which was also an ARM only solution, that nobody asked for), was such a smashing success for MicroSoft? Because it was just able to run "normal" Windows Software...

Oh wait....

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Plenty have tried this whole mainstream ARM thing before, and all of them have failed

Or having MicroSoft come in to save your bacon, at the eleventh hour, pointing to thr magistrate there see if Apple "exist", then we (MicroSoft), can NOT be viewed as a monopoly in the computet market.

Segway to Heaven: Mega-hyped wonder-scooter that was going to remake city transport to cease production

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: In the UK

If so... Could you please enlighten us as to why it is that Cannabis is getting a pass in most juristitions lately? Preety sure, both of thse rott your brain only less than the old Mary Jane.

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: In the UK

eSccoters (At least here in Germany), are perfectly leagl on City Streets, the Sidewalk not so much. Not that it stops prople from using them there anyway. Oh I don't know about your neck ofthe Woods. But, you have to have your eScooter Registerd, with proof of insurance in order to opperate it leagally.

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Ahh, those were the days...

#bluelivesmatter

Hey NYPD, when you're done tear-gassing and running over protesters, can you tell us about your spy gear?

Michael Habel Silver badge

But, once you resign you victom card, you also have to give up them gibbs, and then find a job like the rest of us. But, yes you are dead on correct sir, and even if the news clowns refuse to show it. Our President has been communicating with members of the comunity on how some of this can hopefully someday be addressed.

You know unlike the last occupant, who threw this off to his DoJ Secretary not unlike how one thows a dead stinking fish in the rubbsh can. Which could have been forgivable had it been Bush Jr., or Slick Willie. But, Barrack was more uniqly suited to taking on this task, and failed to act.

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Republicans, Trump is finished

No your obvisly confusing Killary, and her supporters here, with the current President.

Michael Habel Silver badge
Linux

Re: Republicans, Trump is finished

Where does everyone get this silly notion that the USoA is some kind of Democracy? Let me give you the 411 on the USoA for you, in the hopes that you might learn something. The United States is a Federal Republic. Just the way our forefathers helped to create it.

*Tux 'cause hes the only boid on the board.

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Protests

Fine... I looked.... Besides the fact that you wouldn't know these People from a hole in the wall... (Dont mind me too much. I wouldn't be able to either.) How does the death by throwing rocks at some random woman in the middle eastern sh--hole affect me? Answer is It does not. So why does everyone start caring for the random stranger now? WHY NOW?

Couldn't possibly be that half of the World having been stuck at home are now suddenly looking for something to do.

Let me put this another way... Where was the outrage Michael Brown? Does anyone still remember him or even care?

Again probably not. Because that happend under Brack Husains Admin.

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: $8.8 trillion looted

Time to cash out then before all that negative intrest turns it back into 24$ of the modern day stuff.

Michael Habel Silver badge
Mushroom

Re: $8.8 trillion looted

Trump Dollars? LOL I guess you either faild to learn about what happed to the last President that decided to try, anf regin in the Fed... (Which is even less Federal then FedEX BTW!). Or, you were to young to have seen it. To add further insult to said injury. They also stamp his likeness onto their 0.50¢ peices. But, I agree the Fed should be nuked from orbit, as its the only way to be sure.

Huawei going to predict the future? Nope, say company leaders when asked about Joe Biden winning US election

Michael Habel Silver badge
Happy

How dare you bring facts into this argument! At least he didn't grab her by the cat. lol

Michael Habel Silver badge
FAIL

Re: Comments from a Yank

> Can the election be postponed? No. The date of the election is in our Constitution...

Humm I think a certin Mr. Roosevlt would like to have a quite word with you on that subejct. Because your comment (Though technically correct), is historicly false. Not only can such an Election be postponed.... IT ALREADY HAS!

> According to polls, does this public view Biden more favorably than Trump regardless of the candidate they support? Yes...

Yes, and accorfing to the same "Polls" We would be living under Queen Killary right now.... So yes please continue.

> According to polls, is stopping Trump a major concern of Biden voters? Yes....

And according to my reckoning a demented old fart who cant string Three little words into anything bordering on a coherent sentence. Is a concern to most of President Trump's supporters. WHO KNEW?!

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Biden hardly gets a mention here in the UK

Sadly how true. I remember voting for him. Because he said the things that needed saying. I was too young and naïve to understand that it was a trap. Then again beside such idogly, and a few stains on the carpart in the Oval Oriface. I don't think I could otherwise describe the political differences between these Two Gentemen.

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Biden hardly gets a mention here in the UK

> So, meh. Normally, I wouldn't consider voting for him. And the lack of interest in his candidacy here in the US is a worrisome sign for November.

I think you will find that there is more than a slight corrlation between this, and this

> If I was Biden's campaign manager I'd tell him to just say and do as little as possible...

Its campaining season... (Nomally), and, 'Ol Sleepy is no where to be seen. Lord help him if hes alowd to run his mouth off. Thanking the wrong Intervier (Or Netwok). Claming his candidacy for the Senate, in some other State. Where he would be otherwise ineligible to run in.

Honestly wouldnt even shock me to see Killary posture herself for the VP position. Cause the only cat to vacate the job faster them William H. Harrison*. Shall be 'Ol Sleepy, with Killary as his runnng mate. Which is also about the only way that witch could ever actually become the US Prsident. So Im calling it out now.

*Note he died of Typhiod Feavor 31 days after taking Office

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Biden hardly gets a mention here in the UK

Its because of People like you that Brexit was alowed to happen...

And as someone who dispeses the European Union I THANK YOU!

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Biden hardly gets a mention here in the UK

Strike that reverse it.... And, you just might be correct. President Trump might be a great deal many different things to, different people. But, he defintly NOT a moron.. Someone running for the Office of the Presedency, claming to be running for the Senate, in a State, that is NOT his own. However IS the technical definition of the word Moron.

Michael Habel Silver badge

This Cat need to just run for his Senor Center body President. Where he can double everybodys portion of medicated green Jello. Biden is so addled to poor deluded fool is campaining for the Senate. In a State, IN WHICH HE WAS UNABLE ABLE TO BE A SENATOR OF! This Is a Man so hopped up on Teeny Hairspray Whippits. He can no longer tell his own Sister, and Wife apart. need I go on about his cringy hairy legs? Looking back I should have known that Killary was going to loose BIG TIME. After all we have her to thank for Obmama. But, Biden has as much chance to win the election. As I do the Lottery.

Sure is wild that Apple, Google app store monopolies are way worse than what Windows got up to, sniffs Microsoft prez

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Unclear article point

The glass is half full. and, I for one would like to see any goverment that actually bothers to improve the lives of its citizens. I voted for my local politician to put my community first, NOT the world. and or "worldly problems". Mostly at the detrment of the lives of the prople who elected you into office to begin with. So I'm happy that President Bolsanaro is doing well. And anyone still capable enough to are fleeing from communit sh--holes like Venezuela for example.

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Unclear article point

Why were the hulled into Court over again? Because they had... a higly arguable crappy version of an open standard Web Browser. That dared to be cheaper then, and by proxy more poplular then the other guys compeating Browser that was charging over 50$(USD). For what was essentually the same experence?

Besides how can you compare the Computer (Microcomputer) Industy to that of Moble Phones, and somehow imply that these are the same? Phones tend to locked down out of the Factory. A Computer... Yes even a Fruity one.... (For now), cares not if I decide to run MacOS. Windows, or Linux. Or all Three at once. My Phoneon the other hand. Will almost certainly remain on whatever version on Android it came with. Because Updates are too much of a bother... (Here Buy this new Phone Kid!)

If any one has a gripe about not having an Tat Market you would think it was Vodophone or someone. I susspect the only reason WHY THE DON'T is because the costs of setting up such an outfit would be quickly cause said operation to collapse the same second.

And again the majority of people are happy enough to use their provided Marktplace. Becuase the both offer their customers some protection from rouge applications. Where as the other "Appstores" on don't.

Chrome extensions are 'the new rootkit' say researchers linking surveillance campaign to Israeli registrar Galcomm

Michael Habel Silver badge
Alien

Re: Stop the press

Plus shocking expose: 'Earth Is Not Flat!'

Yeah really, go pull the other one. Next you'll try and, tell us that, they sent men to the Moon some 50 long years ago. When we are still incapable of breakikng free form low earth orbit.

Trump's Make Space Great Again video pulled after former 'naut says: Nope

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: 450 cities protesting racism

Not sure about the Cheesesteak. But, If I recall my hostory lessons Washington District of Columbia. was designed by the Pierre Charles L'Enfant who could possibly catch the heat for that latter.

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: 450 cities protesting racism

That was started by a Republican President. So yes there was that...

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: 450 cities protesting racism

Peaceful?! Tell that to the Shop owners, who got robbed, and their properties burnt to the ground? But, I guess they must of bee equaly as guilty of killing an uncontrollable man hopped up on goofballs? Which I would remind you AGAIN was the offically stated cause of death, and not because a Policeman decided to give a knee to the cause.

Well here I was wondering if we would ever hear from BLM ever again. Lord knows impeachment was a bust. The Economy will eventually recover eventually, and Biden is a fools hope. But, we need to find something new to bitch about, and Wuhan Flu is just getting long in the tooth now. Also explains why so many Europeans are on the streets this time 'round. like anyone gives a **** about BLM. and, that this isn't just a way to blow off two months plus of self quarantining due, to the coof.

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: 450 cities protesting racism

You mean now after 26 years (IIRC), that there is in fact NOT a war going on against White Farmers? Seems to me that we are focusing on the wrong Refugees....

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: 450 cities protesting racism

If Sleepy, Creepy, Sleazy, Stuffy headded, and, Wheezy Quid Pro Joe, is the best that side has... (And, he is!), the our side has nothing to worry about. I agree with you though. The left are baiting our President into a false flag moment, and as much as I hate to say it. The only winning move really is to not play their game. If they want to have commie thugs runnig the place. Then let them. hopefully by the time November rolls along both the Mayor, and that useles know nothing Governor of Washington State will both be out on their arses. If nothing else, I forsee Seattle, and Portland becoming the left coast equivalents of Detroit.

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: I made this

Lord help us if Sleepy, Creepy, Sleazy, Stuffy head, and Wheezy Quid pro Joe Biden should somehow win his re-election into the Senate again. (HIS WORDS!).

Then lord help us!

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Curious to know...

I thought... With that show being british, and all. That, that was how you red coats did it. because everythig has to be about theatrics with you lot.

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: That's a cheap-ass looking hat he's hawking.

Thank you, but no thank you... We are happy with the way things are. Perhaps we need to make Europe Great Britan again.... (Well if it gets you to shell out that fine Stirling why not?!). As it is though its looking like the European Union is going to loose that one, and jolly good show too! hopefully Italy will be the next to leave, and we can be done with this rotten expriement in globalism.

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: That's a cheap-ass looking hat he's hawking.

I thought Hipstarbucks wanted 5$ for their Covefe?

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: That's a cheap-ass looking hat he's hawking.

Well to be fair the UK does not have a provision enshrined in any of its laws reguarding the freedom of speach. Again in this case the freedom of political speach. I guess someone should go ask Yaxley Lennon, or Mark Meechan all alout that.

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Nuts

And, THANK GOD ALMIGHTY FOR THAT TOO! If you think 2020 sucks now... Imagine if it was Corbyn running this sh-show, along with kill-em-all Killary? we would be both broke, and dead...

I hope in a hundred years time history will be kinder to Boris, and that he might have a statue next to Churchill, for having saved Great Britan.

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Nuts

Social Media is only a micosom of any population. Anyone willling to bend the knee to the Twatterati should do so at their own peril. Case in point? Um.... Didney Star Wars, Gamergate, and Comicsgate spring to mind.

As to our "Girl! having all the votes... Well much like Social media, the major Urban areas DO NOT GET TO DICTATE their unwanted opines onto the rest of the County. And, once you get away from the filth, and utter degeneracy of those Urban centers. You will find that most people are just downright closet yatziees, who will disrespect your pronouns.... And, so you thankfuly end up with someone alpha AF like President Trump. Because that is how the Electoral College was created. Precisely so New York, Chicago, the Left Coast could, not impose their wills onto the rest of us.

Michael Habel Silver badge
Pint

Gets the nogon joggon

As if she would have griped had the last Administration puulled this stunt. Oh well if its Sleepy joe we have to worry about heres to four more wonderful years

The girl with the dragnet tattoo: How a TV news clip, Insta snaps, a glimpse of a tat and a T-shirt sold on Etsy led FBI to alleged cop car arsonist

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Thoroughly deserved

Antifa aren't anarchists, they're fascists. It's an irony too right for their tiny minds to parse.

This has got to be, the wokest sentance of 2020

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Gloves and goggles; whoda thought it?

I support the (tear) gassing of commies. Hell I support Commies tear gassing protesters as well. People need to start respecting the law where ever they are.

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: The lesson for today

Or you know be a decent human being that doent go around looting, and buring everything in sight because you lost a political argument four years ago.

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Thoroughly deserved

Yes anything just a gnats wing away from Marx. You know like Kitler? Who was just a statist commie, that wanted control over everything, in name of the state. as opposed to the "good" commmies that did the same thing, but for the people....

So yeah I guess by your metric I must be guilty.... As if I care about your metrics though. I can only wish for you to actully feel such times on your own neck. So that your generation would actually know what it was like. OH NO HE SAID A MEAN THING ABOUT MY PREFERD PRO-NOUN!

....For chis sake Its time to slowly lift the damn stay at home orders. Some people clearly have nothing better to do.

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Thoroughly deserved

So by your argument Anti-Fa do NOT go 'round liberating Shops of their goods before setting the heater to makesure no on freezes to death on them chilly spring nights eh? And, what are Ant-Fa if not a bunch of radical lefty nutters (i.e. Commmies?!)

Please enlighten us.

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Parallel Construction

Makes your wonder if the altists on 4chans /pol/ board were the ones doing the heavy lifting to combat this commie menace?

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: Tut....kids today....

Expecting Lefty nutters to use their brans LOL! XD

Michael Habel Silver badge

Re: @redpawn - Police cars rest easier

So it was the Federal PoPo, The Federalies. or those under direct involvement under Prsident Trump.... Ahh I think I see the problem now.... Well to bad for the wannabe commies then...

Michael Habel Silver badge
Thumb Up

Good... I arpove of this. If they want to be Commies so badly, let the all migrate to Hongkong. The only problem I can forsee though is if those commie-hippies hate the Cops now?.....

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020