Technically impressive, but it's been Samsunged
I've had an extended play with one at the Samsung store here in Houston.
- Incredible screen. 120Hz refresh rate is the way forward, I think. Very bright on full brightness but fairly aggressive adaptive brightness when I turned on auto-brightness.
- Despite plastic back it feels well built.
- Guaranteed software updates and Google SafetyNet compatibility unlike some Chinese phones
- Good value for money on the Snapdragon 865.
- Stuff like Dex etc is handy if you might use it
- Despite recent advances, Samsung's Touchwiz / OneUI still stinks. Everything is too big, or too small, and there are duplicate apps for everything littering the phone. Want to uninstall them? Sorry, no.
- This same UI stalled and stuttered from time to time despite the CPU. Opening the Gallery surprised me as thumbnails populated one by one.
- Within 30 seconds of using it the phone was showing me ads and trying to get me to buy stuff in a theme store << this was the deciding factor.
I think it'll be the Pixel 5 for me.