Self driving cars are the future.. but is technology enhancing our lives or making them worse? I think technology sucks.
1. Automated ticketing and parking facility attendants = lost jobs.
2. Robots replace humans at factories = lost jobs.
3. Self-service checkout = less cashiers = lost jobs.
4. Cars pump their own gas, or self propel = gas stations needed less = lost jobs.
5. Shopping carts are still manual, it'll be automated soon. = lost jobs.,
6. Cars will be self driving soon = more accidental deaths, tons of lost jobs (cabs).
I don't see anything positive about these innovations. All I see is lost jobs. Yes there is lower overhead but its temporary because lost jobs means less money in circulation, which means that community has less money to spend.
If you multiply what I am talking about, at some point all jobs will be replaced by a machine.
Then who is going to have any money to buy anything? Machines don't need water, food and cars.
On a dangerous note, if a car is controlled by a computer, and a computer can be hacked, and nothing is 100% secure, what's stopping a hacker in the future from using your own car as a weapon against you?
See what I mean? technology sucks.
What do we do? So need is the mother of invention, right? If we don't use it it'll just go away.
1. Go to malls that use manual ticketing attendants or malls that have free parking.
2. Avoid Walmart, Amazon and huge retailers using robotics in lieu of humans.
3. Never use self-service checkout
4. Don't buy Telsa, Apple or Google cars or any other computerized car.
5. Buy stuff that is handmade.
I am thinking of a world that uses technology to enhance humans, not replace them.