As someone whose sexuality would cop the "nancy boy" jibe I find this a storm in a teacup.
1. If you are a nancy boy, this wont be the worse thing said about you. Toughen up you going to need it.
2. If you are a Nancy boy, your city looks beautiful in the drone video.
3. This is The Register where it is a pre-requisite for every article to take a swipe using irreverant language. It also happens to be one of the last sites capable of reporting the pitfalls of political correctness. BTW dont change - i need my daily dose of irreverance.
4. Why do you feel that being tagged as gay is so insulting? Do you still suffer from internal homophobia, it took me a while to recognise my own homophobia.
5. It was a very obvious omission, for the Reg not to use a Nancy boy bi line. I appreciate David 63 effort "Nancy boy windmills chopper in cam outrage".
As Oscar Wilde is alleged to have said "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Enough of these boys from Nancy, I am off to move a bundle of faggots in the garden and then rest my feet on my poof and relax. later I will be partying with gay abandon.