$6 per month service
$1.75 million seems a lot for the failure of a $6 per month service.
Form the complaint.
"5. Starting in 2010 the Plaintiff Law Offices of David M. Schlachter, LLC (“Law Office”) utilized a new product on the market that Defendant was providing, Office 365.
6. At the time, this was a free service that provided free email and website.
7. Commencing July 2017 this service became subscription only.
8. Plaintiff Law Office switched its web hosting to another service but paid Defendant for email use.
9. From July 2017 until January 2021 Plaintiff law office paid $5 a month per email address used.
10. Commending around January 2021 the cost increased to $6 per email address used.
11. On May 10, 2023, Mr. Schlachter could not longer access his email, the one he paid Defendant for (@lawdms.com). "
Does not seem the lawyer thought the service was that important, after all he was running MS's free email and website version for 7 years. Only started paying when it was no longer free, moving web hosting to another service provider and paying MS for the email.