that is the funniest thing i have ever seen...
is this a joke? it cannot be serious! they have got to be trolling for publicity. wow. just. wow.
5 publicly visible posts • joined 15 Aug 2011
We're genetically programmed for greed - it is a basic component in competition and is a motivating factor in our success in the world. We are all greedy - in the Gordon Gekko sense of greed being "good", identifying and accumulating the things we need in as large a quantity as possible. "Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind. "
However, scammers will lie, manipulate and cheat their way to accumulation at the expense of others. Centuries of genetic learning has conditioned us to eject cheaters from the pack because they decrease the success of the community as a whole.
For this reason it is important to distinguish between the "greed" that causes a person to innocently try to get a positive return from transaction versus the "greed" that motivates scammers to cheat and steal what does not belong to them. The victim is typically asked to bend the rules for a mutually beneficial outcome that most people would not recognise as being socially subversive. So from this point of view, the victims do not deserve the downfall they get while the scammers should be strung up by their jangely bits!
to the others who mentioned Dennis Ritchie - I totally agree. The irony that OSX and iOS are built on branches of Unix and C seems lost on the world. The man who really actually f**king built it and the man who re-wrapped it and marketed it to the world in a pretty box die within days of each other... compare the send offs...
this makes me feel very sick and cynical
I just ditched my iPhone3GS in favour of a Samsung GSII. The GSII is a superior phone by far and I'm never going back, BUT
- the UI does not behave consistently everywhere
- i haven't found a media player that can ID and organise my music properly yet
- syncing to various accounts and backing up phone is a bit tricky
- The Andriod store is missing some vital specialist apps that I am missing like crazy
- in short it's like a 90's PC (of sorts) ...a compendium of parts and processes from various vendors that don't always play together properly
I can deal with this stuff because i'm a developer and i love to be able to generally take proper control over the phone. For me it is worth the trade-off. But i would recommend for my Mum to go iPhone, especially since they have fixed the stupid reception problems on the 4S
oh and i have a couple of stuck pixels on the screen... like it or not, that would not have happened on an iPhone
...if you follow the link to the web site you can see that:
1. After the plague when everything with four legs and a tails was killed, there was no way for bush rats to re-invade because the parkland is cut off by urban developments.
2. The Bush rats are being sourced in bush land in the far north of Sydney where they are plentiful and defend their territory very well against black rats from surrounding suburbs
3. Separate studies have demonstrated that Bush rats, once re-introduced to a suitable environment where they can establish territories will hold those territories against black rats
4. They do not expect the bush rats to drive black rats from local houses, only to colonise the park lands and protect flora and fauna there from black rats. This project will do nothing for the urban areas beside the park land and is not expected to.
5. The concept of a biological control on a pest species by a native (non-pest) one is obviously going to be interesting to Rentokil...