Of course the movie studios/theatre chains ignore the obvious fixes...
1. LOWER THE FREAKIN' EXORBITANT TICKET PRICES!
2. LOWER THE FREAKIN' EXORBITANT POPCORN, DRINKS, & CONCESSIONS PRICES!
3. BUILD THEATRES WITH LARGE SCREENS AGAIN!
4. TURN DOWN THE FREAKIN' VOLUME LEVEL!
5. MAKE IT AN ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE FOR THE MOVIEGOER!
Just went to see Batman vs Superman in 3D the day it opened here in Thailand at a new cineplex at a mall that opened about a year ago. I only bring this up so you know it's not an old theatre. Disregarding the fact that B vs S was complete sh1te, the whole experience was disappointing because:
1. For the very 1st time we had to buy the damn 3D glasses!
2. The popcorn was typically ripoff priced... but this time it was half the size to make up for it.
3. The screen size was so small it was like watching the movie on TV at home.
4. The 3D effect was minimal even sitting only about 8 rows back from the screen.
5. The audio was SOOOOO LOUD I had to stuff tissue in my ears. This is nothing new, but each year they seem to increase the volume level. It's now cranked up to 11!
i had a similar experience watching Star Wars: The Force Awakens a few months ago and also Gods of Egypt in Bangkok not long ago.
And these jackasses wonder why people, more and more, choose to stay home and watch pirated versions.