Para 5)...let's hope that Samsung tests its SSDs more thoroughly than its firmware...
"A response from Samsung Mexico
How the exchange works:
1) We receive your information (You need to do this now)
2) I send you a RMA ticket number within 72 hours of receiving your reply
3) You will then ship the SSD to us.
4) Once it has been signed for at the dock, it takes us 3 to 4 business days for us to exchange the drive. We send it back to you at no cost
5) You receive a recertified SSD (which is a refurbished unit but it is tested by us!)
The (somewhat) fine print:
We will replace your unit with a recertified unit, which works as well as a new unit. This is all we have for exchange
Upgrades cannot be requested either. The full warranty policy is found here.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me right away. Our support hours are from 9am-9pm EST Monday to Friday.
David P ௐ
Total Tech Solutions, Inc.
Samsung Factory Service – SSD & Memory Department