Re: @The Tick
Seems you got a little riled there Mr Jones :)
- Ireland votes against Nice - made to vote again until "right" answer given
- Ireland votes against Lisbon - made to vote again until "right" answer given
- France and the Netherlands vote against the "EU Constitution" - "EU Constitution" scribbled out and "Lisbon Treaty" written there instead - gets passed without having to consult the grubby masses because it's just a "treaty" now
- Greek PM Papandreou says he will have a referendum on the EU deal - immediately deposed and unelected technocrat put in place by the EU
- Italian PM Berlusconi "Forced out by EU plot" - replaced with unelected technocrat
- (and the one that made me first think the EU was going rotten) Austria elected Jorg Haider into the government in some respect - EU implements sanctions against Austria because they elected someone the EU doesn't like. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/sep/12/austria.ianblack
Yes - very very anti-democratic. I'm sure that list barely scratches the surface.
Human rights: I suggest you take a long, hard look at the European Convention on Humans Rights, here's the link:
Take special care to read articles 9, 10 & 11 specifically the second paragraphs on each. If you still think we have human rights after reading that then there's no hope for you.
The Kalashnikov thing was a bit of sarcastic fun - surprised you took it so seriously lol.