Hear the woosh ...
... as the point flies over people's heads.
1) A contractor .. so what. They like money as well as the next contractor.
2) A commodity / component supplier ... so what. They like money as well as the next supplier.
3) Ditto ... repeating for effect does not work.
4) There is a whole world beyond the US with a far larger untapped user base.
5) And they have bought and moved in-house two top-level ARM-based chip design houses.
There are only TWO components that really matter to joe public / consumers about a product .. physicality and usability ... both of these are under Apple's direct control.