Re: Error Messages
I could be wrong, but in my opinion, all of following statements can be true:
1) Father Ted was a very funny show.
2a) Graham Linehan's conduct on social media isn't always exemplary, and is often rather unpleasant.
2b) This can make it hard (for some) to appreciate his work.
3) As a (global) society, we're still a long way from adequately defining gender in any meaningful way.
4) Transgender people should not be oppressed.
5) Issues around transgender people and trans rights are incredibly complex, and the likelihood of such a tricky and sensitive set of arguments being resolved in a massively off topic BTL thread on El Reg is so vanishingly close to zero, any further discussion of the subject here is essentially pointless.
6) You (whoever is reading this) have every right to disagree with any and all of these statements.
7) My comment isn't an attempt to shutdown or censor debate, merely an attempt to point out that there are many other places on the Internet where one can shout at people with different opinions. This is not really one of those places: this is the comments section of a lighthearted article about an anonymous IT worker's confession to a couple of stupid mistakes.