Re: "You can trust US", says Uncle Sam - yeah, right!
Of course US are good guys compared to Russia. You really do not see the difference between democracy and a post-communist mafia-style country?
79 publicly visible posts • joined 22 May 2008
And religious people and Republicans are stupid. That's the expected conclusion.
I wonder how leftists would do answering rating statements like:
1. Intelligence is mostly hereditary
2. A few weeks old boys and girls display behavioral differences
3. Wildlife within Chernobyl closed zone is doing better than before the disaster.
" CO2 levels rise - the Earth warms."
* No, it is Earth warms -> CO2 rises.
* Computer models used by warmers produce high correlation between the temperature and CO2. The CO2 concentration has been rising very fast in the last 15 years, while the temperature is almost flat.
* The models do not model clouds and therefore the feedback mechanisms. They are almost always wrong on the warmer side http://www.drroyspencer.com/wp-content/uploads/CMIP5-90-models-global-Tsfc-vs-obs-thru-2013.png
* Climategate emails showed how any dissent is supressed
It's not just pines. The changes of temperatures or recent lack of expected changes may be due to
1. Collapse of communism at the end of 90-ties. During following few years very dirty heavy industry in East Europe and Russia collapsed or filters were put in place - improvement in air quality was very noticeable, and therefore less cloud formations happened.
2. But then China took over and started releasing a lot of real pollution into atmosphere (I am not talking about CO2 :-) ) and more clouds have been forming.
Snowden has not been just talking about scope of the surveillance programs, but also revealing technical means (and exaggerating here) and details of foreign operations. This is helping American, and generally western, enemies. He is a traitor to the agency, USA, and Western civilization.
Yes. I fully expect that in a few weeks time Snowden will reveal that NSA achieved complete control over space and time, which will be greeted with anger among the commentators here, who will fear that they will be first in line to have every second of their life checked by millions of evil NSA employees.
"this has not made any substantive impact on terror attacks."
The interceptions did work. Firstly, there has been no major terrorist attack in USA for quite a few years. Secondly, how do you think "martyrdom" of so many senior commanders of Taliban in Pakistan and Afghanistan was facilitated?
If he had only revealed extend of NSA activity in USA, then with a big dose of good will, you could say he did something defendable (although he sill violated terms of his employment). However, he is revealing foreign activities of NSA and other western intelligence agencies, and this is pure treason. I hope he will spend many years in jail.