Reply to post: Re: Unfortunately...

Leaked Kyndryl files show 55 was average age of laid-off US workers

MachDiamond Silver badge

Re: Unfortunately...

I can get very frustrated when it's obvious that the person I'm calling for support has no experience and only knows how to follow their script/flowchart. Not only don't they have any experience, they have never used the product or anything like it, they've just been trained to follow the script and, if after 20 minutes, the problem isn't solved, escalate the call to a 2nd tier tech which to me means another 20 minute wait on hold until the call drops and I can't dial back in as they are closed now.

I like being able to reach somebody when I call for service or have them return a call quickly, but all of that is utterly useless if my issue still can't be resolved and it has taken more than an hour with some incompetent manning the phones in another country.

BTW, A big shout out to BK Precision, maker of electronics test equipment. I picked up some used gear that needed work and they got back to me within 12 hours with schematics and service docs plus direct contact information should I need more assistance. This is old gear but now I'm far more likely to be looking through their catalog the next time I need something they make.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon