Reply to post: Avoid Oracle like the plaque!

Europe’s biggest city council faces £100M bill in Oracle ERP project disaster

Cliffwilliams44 Silver badge

Avoid Oracle like the plaque!

Our UK division went through he same thing back in the 00's. The (rather stupid) decision was to move from separate Construction specific Finance systems (yes we are construction) to Oracle Business System. Just like this municipality OBS had no presence int eh Construction industry and ABSOLUTELY no expertise in out business. The project was an unmitigated disaster! A decade later it is still not (as my British friends like to say) "Fit for Purpose!"

Here in the US we are on JDE, another Oracle acquisition. Now they are blackmailing is with Licensing fees! If we move to to their Cloud ERP (not gonna happen!) or move our workflows from AWS to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure they will cut out cost by 40%! After much negotiations now they will accept if we move "some" of our workflows to OCI. So we are moving out least important workflows over their, certainly NOT our JDE infrastructure, (I am sure we will regret it) and they will give us the discount! I am quite sure our costs will go backup very quickly.

It's like dealing with the Mafia! Shitty products and services and deceitful pricing!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon