Reply to post: Re: But what about fixing what people want?

Microsoft to move some Teams features to more costly 'Premium' edition

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: But what about fixing what people want?

In my own limited experience (mostly user, not administrator) Zoom is easy and mostly reliable, but quality varies so I guess the servers are under pressure as few pay. Not many features but not usually needed.

Teams sucks, I use the web interface as the app for Linux is awful, and even then it only work with Chrome-based browsers. So much for web standards! Video is often poor as well, in spite of apparent resources of MS and paid-for accounts. Not sure if its down to too little home BW for some users but seems worse than Zoom. Some features just don't work on web version though,

Webex used to be the biggest cluster-fsck I ever experienced, you would only know the plugin was out of date or needed after the meeting started, and it needed admin privileges to install so many time not my machine so no-go. But last time I was forced to use it, it was "OK" using a web browser without plugins, so maybe they have improved something.

We have Google accounts but generally avoid them for anything beyond email (fairly good spam filters) and calendar.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon