Reply to post: Re: Are they still paying staff salaries ?

Elon Musk's cost-cutting campaign at Twitter extended to not paying rent, claims landlord

aerogems Silver badge

Re: Are they still paying staff salaries ?

Not sure about those who stayed, but I know a lot of people who were put on gardening leave or laid off have complained about things like insurance being terminated, not getting paid, retirement fund contributions not being made, and just about every other cheapskate douchebag thing you can probably think of. In a sort of hoist by their own petard sort of way, around now a whole slew of private arbitration complaints (that Twitter has to pay the fee for) should be getting filed all over the country --the Twitter employment contract stipulated that the arbitration had to be within a 45-minute drive of the employee's location.

While I feel bad for the Twitter employees who were put on gardening leave or laid off (not so much for the kool-aid drinkers who signed up to be "hardcore") if this destroys the myth of Elon Musk the genius businessman, then at least their sacrifice won't have been without purpose. I also feel bad for the Tesla employees who are likely going to be getting the axe because of how Twitler has destroyed the stock price since putting his douchebaggery on full display over at Twitter.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon