Reply to post: Re: I hope there's an option to block this nonsense.

Apple preps for 'third-party iOS app stores' in Europe

doublelayer Silver badge

Re: I hope there's an option to block this nonsense.

"Which app store do you think those daily-living apps will launch on within the EU? Apple Store? Or only on the “European competitor” App Store? You know the answer."

I do, but it's not your answer. Governments have been happy to put their apps in the normal stores forever. Let's look at Android. Which store has the government apps? Is it FDroid? No. Is it EUStore? No, that's not a thing. It is, in fact, the Play Store where they put them all. So I wouldn't expect them to want to build another.

Let's say they do anyway. Given the level of success such things have had before, I doubt that would ever happen. Let's assume, though, that I'm wrong. So what? If you find you need an app that's not in the normal store, you can either live without it or accept enabling that store just to download the app you need, then not using it for anything else. If it works anything like Android, you can enable the store for the app you decided you want, install that app, then disable the store and the app still works.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon