Reply to post: Re: doing good

Bahamian rap: Crypto villain Sam Bankman-Fried arrested

Snake Silver badge

Re: doing good

"I worked with was of the mindset that it was all about what you could get away with and not getting caught."

And that, sadly, has become the social mindset of modern society.

We, our social "we", have raised several generations of narcissistic sociopaths by empowering the trait through decades of teaching "individual freedom" and "free-market capitalism". When you couple these beliefs with a "me" generational belief that you should be important under any and all circumstances, you often grow a mentality where anything you do is OK, as long as it benefits you through the mechanism of making money.

Money is King, because capitalism and, since You are all-important, any and all "roadblocks" that may stand in your way really shouldn't be there [laws and regulations are there only as an inconvenience to your "freedom" to grow and prosper, via whatever method you decide to take).

I realized how toxic society has become as I watch channels such as JustPearlyThings on YouTube. A lovely young lady has young women and men as guests on the show and they discuss the modern dating scene, relationships, femininity, etc. And one male, discussing how [these] women were unrealistic in their relationship goals (expecting millionaire boyfriends, because) was, during the discussion, (actually) wearing a T-shirt that stated:

"Make Money, not friends"

What does that say about our society when you're standing there criticizing one group for focusing on money and self...while you wear a shirt proclaiming the EXACT SAME THING?? No self-awareness would come to mind, plus some other, more choice descriptions.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon