Reply to post: This insane policy failed ten years ago...

US Department of Energy 'flooring the accelerator' with $2.5bn battery loan on battery plants

Lordrobot

This insane policy failed ten years ago...

My original post was "REJECTED"... I find that interesting. Why? Because I listed a dozen Obama Headlines regarding his FAILED BATTERY policies which included Plants for LG and others as well as half a dozen of those companies that went belly up. I annotated the headlines and proof on the Register is quicksand for a post.

What is it with politicians which Ayn Rand called the intellectual bottom rung... pushing EVs and other rainbow technologies by gov subsidies. Batteries are not a solution. EVs and hybrids now fill the landfills and junkyards. The bodies of these vehicles are in good shape but nobody is going to pay thousands for batteries that last no longer than your IPHONE battery. The advertising sizzle exceeds reality. And in the land of green that is a common thread. Wind Generators do not last 20 years, they crap out on average in 5. Solar cells get weaker over time as do batteries. Meanwhile, Diesel still produces the same energy output and doesn't depreciate BTUs.

The most ludicrous idea is that Murica now views batteries as the most recent source of their NATIONAL SECURITY RANTINGS. And it is always Asia's fault for making cheaper better batteries.

Obama spent billions on Battery plants... net result... no batteries produced, lots of bankruptcies after the gov funds disappeared. Now Biden is back with the same old washed up Obama policies of free loans and phoney battery plants.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon