Reply to post: Re: Very dramatic indeed, oh my

Elon Musk to abused Twitter users: Your tormentors are coming back

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Very dramatic indeed, oh my

Here’s an article:

https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/elon-musk-started-tackling-child-exploitation-on-twitter-after-years-of-the-platforms-passivity-under-the-previous-management

The main protestor in question is Eliza Bleu who has independently confirmed both that this issue has long been prevalent but fallen on deaf ears under the previous board, and that under Elon, Twitter cleared it up rapidly.

As for hashtags I thought that was self-explanatory. The entire purpose of hashtags is to make posts easy to find for those who search out the tag.

Certain ones were used as somewhat of a code to share CP. The accounts using them now been wiped out and presumably reported to law enforcement. Additionally, reporting CSAM on Twitter is now much easier if it pops up again.

Regarding if it was uploaded to Twitter or linked, I’m unsure. I’d guess Twitter was used to share links rather than host but I don’t know for certain. I also don’t see why it matters. Sharing links is still allowing distribution of the content. And that’s still both immoral and illegal.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon