Reply to post: Re: Easy choice Elon

Elon Musk issues ultimatum to Twitter staff: Go hardcore or go home

Steve Button Silver badge

Re: Easy choice Elon

Many of us were saying what a terrible idea these lockdowns were after the first few weeks, because it was pretty obvious what the collateral damage would be. Only Sweden seemed to stick with what I would call a sensible policy (focused protection and encourage people to stay apart) without shutting down everything. I can see that this would have been a very difficult sell, but I think that was largely due to the fact that anyone who argued against it was pretty much suppressed. This was a deliberate move by the likes of Fauci, who wanted to quash the idea of the Great Barrington Declaration. He was asking social media companies why certain people are still allowed on there. This is the whole thing against free speech.

OECD data including Sweden.

https://stats.oecd.org/index.aspx?queryid=104676

Perhaps it would have been more obvious to more people, if it was allowed to be discussed openly. Big tech companies were deliberately suppressing it. If you searched for "great barrington declaration" on Google you would first be offered several sites critical of the idea before the actual site. This is deliberate manipulation of search results. Perhaps if more voices were allowed to question "the narrative", then the BBC and The Guardian would not have been such proponents of lockdown, as public opinion would probably have shifted.

Perhaps we could have avoided the 2nd and 3rd lockdowns at that point, when it was really really obvious to some that it was such a monumentously bad idea.

And don't forget The Guardian and the BBC were calling for a 4th lockdown last Christmas, and Boris (remember him?) resisted and we were pretty much fine (or the wave was probably no worse than it would have otherwise been). However some prominent scientists were screaming for another lockdown, and saying how irresponsible we were being, and things like "blood on your hands".

I think some (America?) are STILL clinging to this narrative, and are masking children and insisting that foreign visitors have to be vaccinated. This is patently crazy. Perhaps they don't realise that much of the West have moved on.

Regarding vaccine damage, I'm not just going by my personal knowledge, but the number of VAERS and Yellow Card reports (which is widely recognised as being historically hugely underreported by 10x - 100x). Perhaps the excess deaths we're seeing right now are something else? It's worth investigating. Could be cancer / suicide / alcohol / who knows?. It's probably not climate change.

It does appear they are trying to cover it up though...

https://rtmag.co.il/english/breaking-the-israeli-ministry-of-health-has-been-warned-it-might-open-itself-to-lawsuits-for-encouraging-the-public-to-get-vaccinated-while-claiming-that-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-safe,-and-that-side-effects-are-mild-and-transient

which is hardly surprising to me, given Pfizer's history. But seems surprising to many. And YES this is a conspiracy theory (and sometimes - often even - there are real conspiracies. But you don't usually get to hear about them for a couple of decades)

Anyway, my point was just about free speech. We should be allowed to discuss these things. But we weren't. And any voices loud enough to matter were suppressed, particularly on Twitter.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon