Reply to post: Re: Mozilla not even mentioned?

Open source's totally non-secret weapon big tech dares not use: Staying relevant

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Mozilla not even mentioned?

So true, and here come the downvotes. However Mozilla is an example of "corporate open source" where they have the same problems as Google, because they are fundamentally of a similar organisational structure. It's just different in where the funding comes from.

Also GNOME is a particularly toxic open source project. Part of it probably to do with the fact they have no real "product" to sell and thus no paying customers so they can keep creating garbage without any real consequences.

Watch this, 20 downvotes coming for this post now. I wonder who's doing it, what type of people downvote any criticism of Mozilla or leftist politics in general? Maybe it's brigading? I'm noticing quite a "long tail" of downvotes for all my anti-Woke and anti-Mozilla posts... And the duration of the long tail is considerably longer than for the upvotes.... Maybe I'm reading into it too much?

So far I've got 891 upvotes and 408 downvotes, most over the last month. Almost all those downvotes come from criticising the Woke "religion".

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon