Reply to post:

Most Metaverse business projects will be dead by 2025

Plest Silver badge

Hmm, £1500 to "play" in a VR version of a meeting room with the Nintento WII console Mii avatars from 20 years ago! Sounds like a bargain.

I remember tyring to watch 3DTV, I felt sick the whole time, I got a stinking headache that lasted for an hour afterwards. I don't like enclosed spaces and I find even covering my arms uncomfortable. I'm certainly not the target audience for this.

I've been gaming since 1982 and I've seen the "VR future" promised every year since then and nothing has ever worked or taken any kind of mass appeal not matter how many thousands of man hours and billions in investment. VR doesn't work for everyone or everything, it has very limited uses albeit when it's good it works damn well, it's just never going to reach mass appeal. Heck even Google Glass, part VR was an absolutely flop and that was just a few overlays not a full immersion.

I wish you luck, I genuinely do it's an interesting technology but it just needs to find its niche, mass appeal will never work for VR.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon