Reply to post: patientaccess.com

Oops, web trackers may have leaked 3 million patients' info

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

patientaccess.com

Right here in the UK - it has access to my medical records and looking at it right now has trackers for "doubleclick.net", "google-analytics.com" and "googletagmanager.com". If I want to book an appointment with my GP I have no option but to use this site.

If I click on a record in my medical history, select the ailment and click "more info" it takes me to another page from "patient.info", which is run by the same organisation. This has twelve trackers - amazon, criteo, "id5-sync.com" who "operate an identity platform for the digital advertising industry", and quite a number of cookies.

The link includes the name of the ailment in the URL. As the bulk of referrals to this page will come from the "patient access" medical records page, any tracker on this page can make a very safe guess about the medical conditions of the visitor. Oh, and note all this information is available to the tracker before I have made any statement on cookie preferences (not that I feel I should have to in these circumstances).

An enterprising journalist might be able to get some mileage out of this.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon