Reply to post: It's going to be as bad as twitter

Artist formerly known as Kanye reveals Parler trick: Buying the far-right haven

桜沢墨

It's going to be as bad as twitter

Meaning, it's going to be as bad as the platform owners want it to be. As far as I can see, Parler isn't open sourced, preferably under agpl, so we can't actually see if the network is censoring anything more or less than twitter. While I won't discard Kanye's claim that twitter is a place of censorship, it doesn't stand very well when they choose to use a closed source platform over something like mastodon, which I believe Trump's truthsocial uses. Of course you can still manually moderate posts to only allow those with opinions you want, but it helps, and there might be a way to show who gets banned and for what reason, or for what reason a post gets taken down which could easily let users know if the network is really fair or not.

If you want a REAL solution however, I would recommend going outside. Touching grass. Everyone has much better things to do than browsing twitter or something like it. Go for a walk with your friends, or go read something at the library. Start a business or something, but don't waste your time on twitter.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon