Reply to post: Living in the past

More than 4 in 10 PCs still can't upgrade to Windows 11

BPontius

Living in the past

So many living in the past pining for Windows 7 or some other favorite piece of history. If you went back to Windows 7, you would find it not to be what you remember it to be. I used to be that way until I tried several times over the years to go back to older Windows versions, older software, hardware and found it was not the utopia that I remembered it to be. I have fond memories of Apple II, the original Macintosh, used to love using the DOS prompt back in the day, the novelty of Windows 95 but going back to them was to shatter a fantasy of perceived better times, things, places.

Your memories are altered, filtered and in many cases false from the reality of the actual past event(s). Unwillingness to learn, adjust and adapt to changes keeps you in the past and unable to move forward. The changes from Windows 10 to 11 are minimal and very easily learned and adjusted to, it is still Windows 10 under the hood. If staying with older hardware and O/S works for you then great, but wishing for Microsoft to go back to a Windows 7 GUI is wasted energy that is better used to learn and adjust to changes.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon