Reply to post: I live about two blocks away from the Samsung building.

Samsung's Ukraine headquarters damaged by Russian missile strike

elregidente

I live about two blocks away from the Samsung building.

When that missile hit, I looked out the apartment window (15th floor) and saw the mushroom cloud of smoke rising from the impact site.

I walked down a few hours later, took some photos.

People generally do not post photos, or write about impact sites, because the Russians use that information to assess strike damage and calibrate aiming.

I blogged about it on the morning, it was all happening, writing while explosions were still coming.

https://www.amazonredshiftresearchproject.org/slblog/2022-10.html

I went out yesterday and looked at the crater by the bridge leading to the Soviet-Ukrainian friendship arch, built by the Soviets during the occupation. There's nothing else there, BTW. The area is a nature reserve, a big park basically, also a main road running along the river. Either it was a missile which went well off course, or they were aiming for the bridge. You have to wonder, give it was the Kerch bridge which was hit a few days ago.

On the way up to that crater, to my surprise I passed another - there's a big long main avenue which heads right up into town, and it's how I walk up into town. At a cross-roads, where the park is where I play chess, a missile had struck. That area, it's big old buildings, the Institute of This or That, and this lovely park. I've now seen a photo or two of the impact site just after that missile struck, and I see a car in flames, people running.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon