Reply to post: Re: Well Murica... if Sanctions are working so well...Why do you need more?

Biden administration prepares to bring hammer down on Chinese chipmakers

Lordrobot

Re: Well Murica... if Sanctions are working so well...Why do you need more?

So sorry to disabuse you... I am not a professional Chinese blogger... If I were I would sue you for Liable per se.

"Nobody wants to build that crippled DUV based 7nm that SMIC developed." Then why is JOE trying to destroy ASML sales of DUV to CHINER?

Cleary Murica doesn't because it can't. That is what a braggart does when they can't achieve... I will give you a demonstration...

Intel failed at 10nm and they had EUV. Oh, that's right the US doesn't make that BROKEN DOWN OLD DUV or EUV do they? No Sir, they [Murica] doesn't make that either...

Your third excuse is that the US Government and Commerce Dept is not enforcing your sanctions. Have you asked why? I will tell you. US semiconductor firms are the outfits that want to sell chips to the LARGEST BUYER OF CHIPS IN THE WORLD. If they can't sell them, they go out of business.

Technology has a very short shelf life akin to a boxcar of Bananas in Needles California where the refrigeration unit has failed. 80% of the so-called embargoed chips are now obsolete museum pieces. But of course, you should continue your Nancy Kerrigan lead pipe kneecapping but there is only one problem... Murica will never land a triple axel. The US Semiconductor industry continues to decline by 3% a year and is accelerating. Why is it accelerating?

Because no Asian firms want to use US chips that may be embargoed. Come to think of it, neither does Apple. Apple dumped INTEL for its M1 and M2 chips. So long INTEL... Samsung built it own phone chip to sideline snapdragon. And Samsung and China like Qualcomm but your dumb politicians want to destroy Qualcomm sales.

Apple will use Chinese-made DRAM for Chinese iPhones once again not buying DRAM from a Murican firm. Your sanctions are doing a bang-up job of destroying US semiconductor sales... which is why the decline in US Semiconductors is accelerating.

Thanks for supporting my above-made arguments.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon