Reply to post: Always has been

Ad blockers struggle under Chrome's new rules

The Dogs Meevonks Silver badge

Always has been

Even back in the 90's I used Netscape instead of IE, from the early 2000's I switched to Firefox and have used it ever since.

I used Chrome once... I used edge once... for very specific reasons.

Chrome was the only way I could get google+hangouts to work back in the day when it was popular, before they spun it off and killed it's ease of use. They broke it's functionality within firefox so you couldn't use the videochat.

Edge... well, that was down to Sky being utter cockwombles and only allowing their Sky-Go service to work on Edge due to refusing to use anything by MS silverlight. The only reason to use that was because I used to watch the F1 races via Sky Go after I got rid of my Sky subscription and logged in via my mum and dads Sky account... I refused to pay the extra 30-40 a month for a tv sub just for 18 races a year... and later on they started charging an extra £18 a month just for the F1 channel... So yeah... FUCK SKY.

Stick with firefox, some privacy enhancing plugins such as ublock, noscript, privacy badger, https everywhere, ghostery and others to make the web experience better.

Sure, you have to train a few sites first time out... some sites will be broken because they demand you to turn off all privacy enhancing plugins... those websites are never visited again.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon