Reply to post: Re: huge loan that further benefits the energy companies

Bye bye BoJo: Liz Truss named new UK prime minister

codejunky Silver badge

Re: huge loan that further benefits the energy companies

@Dan 55

"We will not invest in an alternative until we have an alternative? There might be a problem with that plan."

That depends what you mean by invest? R&D yes. Deploy something that doesnt work as the forced replacement to what works, terrible idea.

"To your other point - no, actually Cameron screwed up, then after that Cameron screwed up again, then after that May screwed up. If the country had gone in the opposite direction (nuclear rollout, green rollout, more storage) we wouldn't be in this position."

Also before them. Remember Clegg not wanting nuclear, or labour backing out of it.

When you say more storage do you mean of gas or electricity? Electricity storage is still very immature right now. Gas storage is not worth investing in due to the serious anti-fossil fuel rhetoric. It takes decades for it to pay for itself yet politicians are insisting we will stop using them.

"At every decision Tories gonna Tory."

This isnt just a Tory thing, this is politicians. This is the last bunch of governments. Remember the winter fuel allowance brought in to cover up government inflicted damage.

"It stinks to high heaven. The UK is in this position because of wanton incompetence and corruption."

I dont know about the corruption bit, only because I dont think they have the organisational capacity. But I will agree incompetence got us to this point. We should not have energy supply problems.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon