Reply to post: Re: Musk has about 44 billion reasons

Twitter savaged by former security boss Mudge in whistleblower complaint

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Musk has about 44 billion reasons

Musk's probably behind it. It does read like its made for the press and not for a court.

e.g. he says the 5% Bots claim is a lie akin to fraud, but then switches to 'they "really don't know" as the lie.

He claims fraud (e.g. section 3), but then only says he was collecting evidence of fraud when terminated.

He cites a compliance officer *request*for*details* of his fraud claim, as if its *confirmation* of his fraud claim. Which obviously it is not.

Lots of grand-standing, e.g. "Further Redacted for Congress".... I doubt Congress is interested, and they certainly wouldn't get a *more* redacted version if they were!

There's a lot of the Musk stuff too, but he was sacked more than year before Musk launched his bid e.g. he claims the 5% bots claim is fraud, but then switches to "they really don't know". Which is true, and also fully consistent with a 5% *estimate*.

If he was so concerned why didn't he approach Musk when Musk first showed interest in buying Twitter?

If he was so concerned why did he wait a year and a half before whistleblowing?

Claims they tried to hide the bots number, but then switches to "19.Repeated Efforts to Disable ROPO:"... (ROPO is their 'your account if blocked till you confim via SMS you are not a bot' algo that pisses off Twitter users). Is wanting to disable ROPO the same as "hiding the bot numbers"..... oh fuck no.

By page 20, he's on "Hacked by a teenager".... because the fact the hacker was 17 is materially important right?

I stopped scan-reading at page 43. "CEO Jack Dorsey assigned Mudge a vast portfolio, responsible for some of the hardest problems, with hundreds of staff and thousands of contractors in chains that reported up to him"

"I AM VERY IMPORTANT, REALLY I AM....."

Methinks, if this is the best Musk can do, then Musk has nothing.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon