Reply to post: Current IBM Employee?

Dinobabies latest: IBM settles with widow of exec who killed himself after layoff

ForIBMers

Current IBM Employee?

Are you a current or previous IBM employee? I was recently RAed. The new approach to RAs are referred to as "redeployment initiatives", in the early stages. Employees are promised they will either find a job or get placed by IBM in a new role by a certain date. Of course, most don't find or get placed in new roles, particularly the older employees. My law firm had never heard of "redeployments" before and they have worked a lot of IBM age discrimination cases. I didn't know if the redeployments would continue or that was specific to just my group. I was recently contacted by a current IBM employee saying these redeployment initiatives are continuing. I'm trying to vet the information. Anyone else know of current "redeployments"? If you are in a redeployment, you will almost certainly be offered a severance after it becomes an RA. My group was offered one after about 10 weeks in the redeployment, but nobody knew for 10 weeks what was going to happen. The lack of transparency drove a lot of employees out earlier than they would have gone had they known severances would have been offered. I didn't accept the severance offer. They are guilty of age discrimination. When signing a severance you specifically sign off saying they have not committed age discrimination. And for 3 months severance I couldn't compromise my integrity.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon