Reply to post: Re: Reap what you sow

UK launches 'consultation' with EU over exclusion from science programs

Justthefacts Silver badge

Re: Reap what you sow

What? The text you quoted exactly proves my point:

“The Halix site at Leiden”. Yes. Halix is a subcontractor for AZ. AZ do not *own* any site at Leiden. AZ did a tech transfer to Leiden, they have never owned it and do not control it. It certainly doesn’t “surprise” me that companies use subcontractors or tech transfers - I even used the phrase tech transfer in what I wrote.

It *is* more than slightly eccentric that AZ original proposal (in mid 2020) to manufacture at their prime production site in U.K., by expanding its production capability specifically for the EU, was rejected by Commission. Who decided to contractually specify a subcontractor chosen by the Commission. Then later to attempt to hold the prime responsible for the poor performance of the subcontractor they themselves had insisted on. Despite documented evidence that the prime had itself over-delivered on its commitments, other than what it had no control of within its sub.

And the court agreed with me, rubber-stamping the management plan that AZ was already implementing, and imposing no penalties at all.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon