Reply to post: Re: Sharing documents

LibreOffice improves Microsoft compatibility with version 7.4

bpfh
Flame

Re: Sharing documents

Going off topic at the end, but cross app compatibility is not very important for me as long as we have cross platform compatibility with the tools for windows and Mac, so most of the MS Office suite does what we need with no faffing about…. Except for Access where there is no good cross platform tool in the open/libreoffice suite (Base is pure crap, Deal with it), and of course Outlook on Mac trying to set it’s UI to look like the Windows 10 mail app, and telling me “this is brilliant! (But all your sticky notes now have to go to the web app, and what do you mean you don’t like a high res retina screen used to display like 10 emails at a time? We want pretty not useful, and you still can’t open a mail file from a windows Outlook on a Mac for…. Reasons.

At one point I believed that the Mac Office team were in front of the Windows version, now I think they should be covered in honey and tossed onto an ants nest every time outlook update and I get “new outlook” or I get a mail to analyse as a stand alone file and you just can’t open them on a Mac …

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon