Reply to post: Re: I've got Xubuntu 20.4 running on an Atom. So I guess Lubuntu could too.

We tested all the Ubuntu remixes for resource usage so you don't have to

nautica Silver badge
Linux

Re: I've got Xubuntu 20.4 running on an Atom. So I guess Lubuntu could too.

It's important to remember that this is only a comparison of Ubuntu re-spins.

It is just as important to remember that 32-bit machines have NOT been relegated to the dust-bin simply because one distro developer decides to no longer support 32-bit; there are many distros which still do, and in an elegant fashion; and legions of people who still use 32-bit machines because they "just work"...and work very well.

"MX Linux MX-18 & 10-year-old EeePC netbook - Fantastic"

"Updated: April 1, 2019"

"...It's fast and responsive. LibreOffice, which wouldn't even start previously, opens within about 10 seconds..."

"...remember, this is a 10-year-old machine that until three weeks ago was destined for scrap. Now it's chirping melodies and videos, I'm using the latest software just fine. Only 280-290 MB memory footprint.

...MX Linux MX-18.1 Continuum has restored life to my netbook. It runs beautifully fast, it's elegant, loaded with real, practical goodies. The tremendous part is really the speed. This mini-laptop was weak even when I bought it, but to be able to keep using it in a nice fashion a decade later is truly an achievement."

https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/eeepc-mx-linux.html

or read it here .

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon